My Backpack

This summer I read Finding Someplace, by Denise Lewis Patrick. Finding Someplace is about a girl named Reesie, who lived during hurricane Katrina. Reesie lived in New Orleans. She had to quickly pack her backpack. Her family wasn’t with her so she had to think about what her family would want her to bring. She brought her phone, some important papers, and an important book that her neighbor wrote.

If there was a natural disaster in my hometown of Cary, I would bring all my devices, because I want to be able to contact my family and friends.Also I would bring flashlights and extra batteries, so if my flashlight goes out I will have extra batteries to put in. I would also bring water and food because we might not know how long we won’t have power for. I also would bring a first aid kit and all of my device chargers.

I would also grab my family’s passports and, just in case we would have to leave the country. Along with the passports I would bring my parents ID’s. I would also bring extra clothes, a tent, and blankets, so I can stay warm. Finally, I would bring my memory book because it has all my memories in it and it means a lot to me. This is what I would bring if there was a natural disaster in my hometown of Cary.